County Public
Health Contacts
Find Us on Facebook

Follow IDPH on Twitter
Bureau of Professional Licensure

Bureau Home

Online Services

You may access the online services page by clicking

The new system will allow individuals to complete the following tasks:

· Apply for initial licensure

· Renew your license

· Reactivate your license

· Request a license verification

· Change your name/address

· Attach documents to your license

· File a complaint

· List of licensees

Who We Are

The Bureau of Professional Licensure is a Bureau within the Iowa Department of Public Health with 19 licensure boards regulating 39 professions. The mission of the professional boards is to protect the public health, safety and welfare by licensing qualified individuals and enforcing Iowa's statutes and administrative rules fairly and consistently.

Contact Information:
Bureau of Professional Licensure
Iowa Department of Public Health
Lucas State Office Bldg., 5th Floor
321 East 12th Street
Des Moines, IA 50319-0075
Phone (515) 281-0254
FAX (515) 281-3121

Office Hours:
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Monday through Friday, excluding state holidays

How to File a Complaint

Professional licensing boards' primary responsibility is to protect the public through the licensure process. Complaints are a method of informing the board about a licensed or unlicensed individual's action. All licensing boards follow a uniform complaint procedure assuring confidentiality, efficiency, and accountability.

Complaints can be filed in one of the following ways:

  • Persons may file a complaint online at: Click on "General Public", then on "File a Complaint", or
  • Persons wishing to file a complaint can open the Complaint form below, enter information into the highlighted fields, print the form, sign and mail to the licensure office, or
  • Persons may call 515-281-0254. Persons calling in with a specific complaint will be asked if they wish to file a written complaint. If the person chooses to file a complaint, a complaint form and pre-addressed envelope stamped "confidential" will be mailed to them. The office accepts only written complaints.

How to Search for Discipline and Public Actions

  • Select the specific licensing board from the list to the left
  • Select Discipline & Public Actions from the list to the left

You can filter and sort the list by picking the appropriate selection and select the Apply button. You may need to scroll down the list to find the licensee.

Licensee Name Changes

A licensee shall notify the board of any name and/or address change within 30 days of the change. Please keep in mind this is public information. Please complete the form below and we will update your record. IF you ONLY need to change your address, please access the online service page located at to change your address.

If you would like to receive a new licensure card and/or license certificate due to the name change, you must pay the $20.00 fee. This can be done by accessing the online services page located at

Establishments can change the name of their establishment ONLY as long as the ownership has not changed. If an establishment has an ownership and/or address change a new license application is required. This can be done by accessing the online services page located at