Iowa Code & Administrative Rules
Sections of the Code of Iowa and Administrative Rules that pertain to EMS are available for download here.
Documents denoted by are available in Portable Document Format (.pdf).
If Adobe Acrobat Reader is not installed on your system, download and install the Acrobat® Reader from Adobe® to view these documents.
- Chapter 147A - Emergency Medical Care -- Trauma Care
- Chapter 130 - Emergency Medical Services Advisory Council
- Chapter 131 - EMS Provider Education/Training Certification
- Chapter 132 - EMS Service Program Authorization
- Chapter 133 - White Flashing Light Authorization
- Chapter 134 - Trauma Care Facility Categorization and Verification
- Chapter 135 - Trauma Triage and Transfer Protocols
- Chapter 136 - Trauma Registry
- Chapter 137 - Trauma Education and Training
- Chapter 138 - Trauma System Evaluation Quality Improvement Committee
- Chapter 139 - Iowa Law Enforcement Emergency Care Provider
- Chapter 140 - EMS System Development Grants
- Chapter 141 - Love Our Kids Grant
- Chapter 142 - Out of Hospital Do-Not-Resuscitate Orders
- Chapter 143 - Automated External Defibrillator Program
- Chapter 144 - EMS Air Medical Service Program Authorization
- Iowa Good Samaritan (613.17 Emergency assistance in an accident)
- Chapter 11 - Drugs in EMS Programs
´Promoting and protecting the health of Iowans through EMS´