Service Program Authorization Information
Please contact your Regional EMS Coordinator for assistance:
- If your currently authorized EMS service wishes to change the level or type of service.
- If your currently authorized EMS service wishes to add satellite services.
- If your agency wishes to be authorized to provide EMS within Iowa.
Click here for staff contact and county assignments.
Sample agreements regarding appropriate transportation of patients within Iowa’s EMS system are posted below.
- Contingency Plan for Ambulance Oct 2012
- Transport Agreement & Contingency Plan for Ambulance Feb 2013
- Transport Agreement for Nontransport Oct 2012
This sample System Response Agreement may be utilized in lieu of separate contingency plans and transportation agreements. The System Response Agreement may be modified to work for established EMS systems or within counties where some or all of the agencies wish to use one agreement to ensure appropriate transportation within the described service area.
Iowa law permits the use of white flashing lights for identification of emergency medical care providers and service medical directors.
Documents denoted by are available in Portable Document Format (.pdf).
If Adobe Acrobat Reader is not installed on your system, download and install the Acrobat® Reader from Adobe® to view these documents.
Documents denoted by are available in a compressed file format (.zip) A file compression utility like WinZip® or PKZip® is necessary to view these files.
Individuals interested in receiving authorization for a new service program should contact the local Regional Coordinator. Contact information for Regional Coordinators is at:
**Files identified this way may be completed in Acrobat Reader and printed. The documents may also be printed and completed by hand.
´Promoting and protecting the health of Iowans through EMS´