Youth Mentoring Grant
This grant creates new or supports existing community youth mentoring programs. The mentoring programs will support the state's goals of primary prevention of the use and/or abuse of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.
- To establish or sustain mentoring programs which promote relationship building and social skills development
- To prevent alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use or abuse by Iowa youth
- To promote use of "Elements of Effective Practice" (as established by the National Mentoring Partnership) by mentoring programs
- To promote a positive perception of caring adults in the community
Current funding period:
- FY 2012-2015 with annual contracts supporting 8 agencies.
Information for contractors:
For more information:
Julie Hibben at (515) 725-7895
Debbie Synhorst at (515) 281-4404