Iowa's OWI law (Iowa Code Chapter 321J) states that it is unlawful to operate a motor vehicle in Iowa in any of the following conditions:
- While under the influence of an alcoholic beverage or other drug or a combination of such substances.
- While having an alcohol concentration of .08 or more.
- While any amount of a controlled substance is present in one's body.
- If you have questions and/or need information about Iowa's OWI law click on the link below or call the Information Center.
- If you have questions and/or need information about the Drinking Driver Education courses and/or Substance Abuse Evaluations and/or Treatment, click on the link below or call the numbers listed.