The October Tobacco Free Schools' database has been posted.
A comprehensive tobacco free schools policy contain:
*Policy must extend to all types of tobacco and nicotine products (i.e. not only cigarettes; consider including, but not limited to products such as dissolvable, spit less, snus, chewing, and electronic cigarettes)
* Policy must extend to employees, students & visitors
* Policy must apply at all times, including school-sponsored & nonschool-sponsored events
* Policy must extend to school vehicles
* Policy must include steps to address violators
* Policy must determine an enforcing entity (e.g., “the administration”)