- To apply for an intern position at IDPH, click the link below to open the application. Print the document, complete all information, and submit to the address on the bottom of the form.
- You can also obtain an application in person at IDPH. Further address information is located below.
- Paid positions are not routinely available at IDPH. However, if you are hired for a paid position or if you will be compensated for your time, you must complete an Iowa Department of Administrative Services/Human Resources Enterprise (DAS) application. The form is available online at: http://das.hre.iowa.gov/state_jobs_internship.html. If you have already filled out the application, remember to check that your information is current. Students are not eligible for benefits.
- Include a short cover letter that includes the following: your reason for applying, a description of related work experience, dates you are available, and identify what position(s) you are applying for.
- Include an updated resume, and the names and contact information for two references that can be contacted if needed. Note: resumes do not substitute for the application.
- Completed applications may be mailed, e-mailed, hand-delivered, or faxed to:
Iowa Department of Public Health
Lucas State Office Building - 6th Floor
321 East 12th Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50319
Phone: (515) 281-6222
Fax: (515) 281-4535
Your application will remain on file with the IDPH Internship Program Office for six months.
The Iowa Department of Public Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.