Communities will be expected to show progress in one or more of the following five measures:
1. Changes in weight
2. Changes in proper nutrition
3. Changes in physical activity
4. Changes in tobacco use prevalence
5. Changes in emotional well-being and overall mental health
In addition, communities will be expected to contribute to achievement of the long-term performance objectives and other program-specific measures specified in their Community Transformation Implementation Plans. In each year of their grant awards, communities must submit to CDC a report describing the status of their selected outcome measures and how they contribute to the long-term objectives addressed under the CTG program.
These long-term objective include:
1. Reduce death and disability due to tobacco use by 5% among the target population.
2. Reduce the rate of obesity through nutrition and physical activity interventions by 5% in the implementation area.
3. Reduce the death and disability due to heart disease and stroke by 5% in the implementation area.